1.12.2007

theory:02

I wonder if Paco Underhill had a hand in the revolutionary "self check-out" lane in the grocery store?! Nothing requires more patience than standing in line behind the shopper with a full cart just to by a pack of gum or gallon of milk.

2 comments:

Ellie said...

RFID tags will change all of that. Ultimately they will allow you to put something in your pocket and as you leave the store it will recognize it, and you, and charge you accordingly. No waiting in lines. Or checking out the items yourself.

Anne McQuown said...

Even those self checkers can be bad when someone who doesn't know what they are doing tries to use them.

They have some kinks to work out- such as the greeting card that is not heavy enough to satisfy the machine that you haven't stolen it. Yet, I'd rather deal with that than give away my privacy. Or maybe I already have...