Taken from a student blog on archinect...
"While I would agree that architects need to carefully consider our opinions and beliefs and not make simplistic normative judgments - at the end of the day, designers need to have opinions. Good designers are those who are brave enough to take a stand on issues and postulate ways in which the future might be improved through design." - http://www.archinect.com/schoolblog/blog.php?id=C0_398_39
...thinking on this statement. Simple enough statement. How does it inform my statement of belief... "Our work this semester is going to be aimed at a statement of belief that each of you will create, beliefs about your aspirations and goals and what constitutes good work, with some research to back it up. " - Herb Childress
~R
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I would add that good designers also recognize that design is not always the answer.
(you should start a list of "what good designers are" ...)
I would whole heartedly agree with you here Chris.
~R
Post a Comment